The excellent blog 4436
Accueil - Profil - Mon itinéraire - Livre d'or - Archives - Album photos - Amis -
EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY CHESS SETS AND CHESS BOARDS
- Publié à 13:10, le 2/08/2019,
Mots clefs :
We are passionate and go to great lengths to offer the finest chess sets, boards, pieces and related games to our customers. We are an independent UK registered Business Est 1993 ! ( please support UK small businesses :) Many years of experience sourcing the very best quality chess sets, moreover, however, unlike some online retailers, we actually stock products at our onsite warehouse and do not rely on a third party to fulfil your order, thus reducing delivery time and ensuring you will not levy a customs VAT charge as is the case if orders are shipped outside the UK for delivery to you! Also, ease of returns! Being UK based means that every aspect of your shopping experience is catered for. We hope you enjoy shopping at The Official Staunton Chess Company
Welcome to Official Staunton, home to the finest quality chess chess sets sets and boards. Buying your Official Staunton heirloom here means you can rest assured that you will receive a top quality product. We are honoured to count Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and celebrities such as Take That, among our many customers.
During our 20 years service, we have also been travel chess sets privileged to have supplied Linley at Belgravia, The Savoy London and TV show The Apprentice. The reason we have such prestigious clients is our outstanding customer service. We offer same day dispatch, a no quibble 60 day returns policy backed by a 2-year guarantee and we hand check all of our products before they leave our store. So if you're looking for a premium quality chess set then we look forward to serving you.
SHOPPING SECURITY ASSURED. Here at the Official Staunton Chess Company, we understand the importance of online security and with an increased awareness to personal data protection, we have recently undergone a complete overhaul to implement full "https" security of the highest possible integrity.
Official Staunton™ has been chess peices proudly serving customers since 1993 with our top of the range chess pieces, boards, clocks and more. We also hand-pick the finest boards from around the world. Our collections are limited editions and collectibles, and some lines are registered with the copyright bureau. But we don't just stop at quality merchandise: One of our highest values is customer service, and we are committed to working tirelessly to give you the best experience possible. We aren't satisfied unless you are. That's why we offer a full 60-day return policy as well as a 24-month guarantee. So welcome to our site, take a look around, and fall in love with our beautiful handcrafted products.
Chess Established Tips
- Publié à 01:47, le 2/08/2019,
Mots clefs :
Chess Set Recommendations
There has been some discussion among my friends and I as to what true chess set needs are. Understand that we are talking about what the Chess Player would need. The collector is a different story.
So, just what are the minimum needs here? And please note that I am talking about wood sets, not plastic or metal or anything else.
First, I would like to point out that there are a number of places to buy Chess sets. When talking about Staunton designed sets there are 2 sellers that stand out as the best and most consistent. Those two are The House of Staunton based in Alabama, USA and The Official Staunton Company based in London, England. Now that Official Staunton is offering free shipping they can supply a person with all his Find more information needs.
1. First we want a set that can take a bit of a beating when playing blitz or skittles. This set should not have any points or parts that can easily be chipped. Official Staunton has three sets that are great in this category. They are the British Sheesham & Boxwood Chess Pieces, the British Boxwood & Ebonized Pieces, and the Classic Golden Rosewood Chess Pieces 3.75" King.
2. Next we come to play in slower but still relatively quick time control games like Game in 45 minutes with a small increment or delay. This set still needs to be able to take the occasional tougher treatment but certainly not as much as the blitz ones. So, these pieces can have more detail to them than the others above. In this category I see a good number of sets offered by Official Staunton. The one that has my attention is the Atlantic Series. Of course the 1925 Edition, Leningrad and a few others will fill the bill nicely.
3. Then we come to what I like to use for slower or more standard time control tournament play. Of course there are a great number of sets offered, but my current favorite is the Leuchars Boxwood Edition set offered by Official Staunton. In this category you really cannot go wrong by choosing what you prefer. And there are a good number of sets available that work in this category.
4. At times we want a set that will still be legal and worthy for tournament play but not take up too much room on the table. For this I have found the smaller sets that use a 2.0" square board to be perfect. In fact I own the Official Staunton Morphy Series sets in both Ebonized and Sheesham for use on different wood color boards. The design of this set is exquisite, in my opinion. Once again there are a large number of sets available that will work for this. Just get what you like.
5. I am not a fan of the larger sized sets and boards, and that's my personal preference. However I do realize there are those that like the larger sets. In fact I also own 2 sets for this category. My favorite is a set that Carl of Official Staunton has created as an improved reproduction. That set is the Piatigorsky set. I use that set on either a 2.375" or 2.5" square sized board.
6. As an extra, I find I like and use an analysis set with smaller pieces and board size. For this I find the 3 Inch Classic Ebonised Chess Pieces to be just about perfect. I can take this set and a much smaller board to look over games and analyze with otherwise.
Please note that I have listed what I consider a minimum number of sets. I own and use a good number more than listed above. And the reason is that I like to use different looking pieces and boards because I play Chess for pleasure and enjoyment. But my friends and I actually agree that the above list is a real or true minimum for the Player.